Changes new for 2017:
Tax laws passed last year require that 1099-Misc which report non-employee compensation (box 7 of form 1099) – be issued, and be filed (both paper or electronically) by January 31, 2017.
- Open enrollment for ACA (Affordable Care Act) compliant ends on January 31, 2017.
- Deadline to issue 1099s to vendors / contractors / landlords.
- If paper filing – Deadline to file is January 31, 2017
- Electronic filing of 1099s – Deadline is January 31, 2017.
- W2 forms need to be issued to employees by January 31, 2017.
- Deadline to file Washington state – Annual Excise tax return – January 31, 2017.
- Fourth quarter estimated taxes for 2016 are due January 17th.
- The estimated tax payment schedule for California is:
- 30 percent First quarter (April 18)
- 40 percent Second quarter (June 15)
- 0 percent Third quarter (September 15)
- 30 percent Fourth quarter (January 17)